Skip to content

In an Emergency, Call 911

Don’t be afraid to call 911, Good Samaritan laws protect victims and observers who call 911 from being charged, prosecuted or convicted for possession or use of illegal substances.

Emergency Crisis Services

If you’re experiencing a mental health emergency, Crisis Services will assist you in accessing the most appropriate mental health team as quickly as possible, through intervention, psychiatric evaluations and crisis stabilization. You may be assisted by a team of nurses, social workers, mental health counselors, psychiatric physicians.


Baystate Wing Hospital Emergency Room
(413) 283-7651

National Suicide Hotline

Dial – 988

Worcester County

UMass Medical Center
(866) 549-2142; and
Harrington Hospital
(508) 765-9167

Are you someone who uses drugs? Don’t use alone!

  • Safe Spot (formerly the Massachusetts Overdose Prevention Helpline) is a free, 24/7 Massachusetts-based hotline that is here to make sure you don’t overdose alone if you use drugs. If you are thinking of or about to use a drug that could cause an overdose (e.g. heroin, fentanyl, cocaine) and you’re in North America, call: 800-972-0590. You can also click here to be taken to their website.
  • Never Use Alone is a free national hotline for people who are using drugs to help prevent overdoses. If you are thinking of or about to use a drug that could cause an overdose (e.g. heroin) call: 800-484-3731
    You can also click here to be taken to their website

Looking for other resources?

  • DART (Hampshire County) The Drug Addiction and Recovery Team (DART) is a free service that supports people who are at risk for an opioid overdose or family members affected by overdose. DART is made up of specially trained recovery coaches and police officers who provide: call or text 413-588-2335 or visit this link
  • 413Cares is a community platform that connects residents of Western Massachusetts to the services they need. Visit:
  • Massachusetts Substance Abuse Helpline is a free service to help find substance abuse programs, support groups, meetings, counseling services, and community resources 800-327-5050

If you have a loved one with an addiction and need support

There are a variety of ways to seek support if someone in your family member or loved one suffers from substance use addiction. Support meetings, on-line chats, hotlines, and individual support coaches.

  • Learn to Cope is a non-profit support network that offers education, resources, peer support and hope for parents and family members coping with a loved one addicted to opiates or other drugs.
  • Allies in Recovery is an online learning platform for families whose loved one struggles with drugs or alcohol. We provide community, personalized guidance, and a scientifically-proven program to give you the skill set you’ll need to help your loved one.
QHSUA Disclaimer of Endorsement

Any reference to a specific product, service, agency or provider does not constitute or imply an endorsement by the Quaboag Hills Substance Use Alliance (QHSUA) of such products or services, or its producer or provider. The views and opinions expressed in any document on this site or linked website do not necessarily state or reflect the views and opinions of the QHSUA.